Can I use hibiclens on my incision?
Hibiclens General Instructions
Hibiclens is not to be used on wounds other than superficial wounds.
Can you use hibiclens to clean a wound?
To clean the skin or a wound (eg, Betasept®, Hibiclens®): Adults, teenagers, and children 2 months of age and older—Rinse the area to be cleaned with water. Apply the smallest amount of liquid needed to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently. Thoroughly rinse the area again with water.
Where should you not use hibiclens?
Don’t put the Hibiclens on:
- Your head or face (including your eyes, ears, and mouth).
- Your genital area.
- Wounds or scrapes that are deeper than the top layer of skin. If you have a wound and aren’t sure if you should use Hibiclens, ask your healthcare provider.
What can I put on an open surgical wound?
Caring for the Wound
- Use a normal saline solution (salt water) or mild soapy water.
- Soak the gauze or cloth in the saline solution or soapy water, and gently dab or wipe the skin with it.
- Try to remove all drainage and any dried blood or other matter that may have built up on the skin.
Should I wash with Hibiclens after surgery?
Hibiclens, the #1 pharmacist-recommended antibacterial soap,1 begins to kill germs on contact. Use Hibiclens as part of your post-operative skin care plan. A surgical site infection (SSI) is an infection that occurs after surgery in the part of the body where the surgery took place.
Is it OK to use hibiclens everyday?
Hibiclens is an antiseptic skin cleanser that helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease. It is safe for everyday use, so use the product as needed, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
What soap is safe for stitches?
Simple soaps, such as Ivory or Dove, are equally effective. Washing more than two to three times a day can be overkill and cause irritation and, ironically, more chance of infection. So can scrubbing too hard. Treated public water is usually fine, but if you have well water, have it checked periodically.
Can you use chlorhexidine on an open wound?
Although chlorhexidine is useful in disinfecting intact skin and cleaning dirty traumatized wounds, these agents should not be used on clean healing wounds. Their effect on the healing wound can further cause increased morbidity for the patient.
Can I use Hibiclens on my private area?
– Hibiclens is not to be used on the head or face, keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. – Hibiclens is not to be used in the genital area. – Hibiclens should not be used if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this preparation.
Can you use Hibiclens on your armpits?
Hibiclens® keeps killing microorganisms even after washing. For my home remedy fans, I recommend using one half lime to cleanse each axilla a few times a week. This anti-septic citrus fruit is strong enough to kill bacteria but mild enough for sensitive axillary skin to tolerate.
Can Hibiclens cause blindness?
Hibiclens IS NOT RATED AS EFFECTIVE against new corona virus and it kills all bacteria with a protective layer on your skin which continues for some hours after use. WARNING: This is dangerous stuff. It is important to read the warnings as this can cause PERMANANT blindness and hearing loss.