How much do the best general surgeons make?
Surgeons made a median salary of $208,000 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $208,000 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $207,720.
Which type of surgeon gets paid the most?
The highest-paid physician specialties
Specialists in plastic surgery earned the highest physician salary in 2020 — an average of $526,000. Orthopedics/orthopedic surgery is the next-highest specialty ($511,000 annually), followed by cardiology at $459,000 annually.
How much do top surgeons make a year?
Highest paying medical specialties in 2019
How much do general surgeons make?
Salary Ranges for General Surgeons
The salaries of General Surgeons in the US range from $25,857 to $691,331 , with a median salary of $125,738 . The middle 57% of General Surgeons makes between $125,739 and $313,914, with the top 86% making $691,331.
How much does a first year surgeon make?
Find out what the average General Surgeon salary is
Entry-level positions start at $63,700 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $425,000 per year.
What is the hardest doctor to become?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
- Radiation Oncology.
What is the richest type of doctor?
RELATED: The list of the top 10 highest physician salaries by specialty for 2019
- Neurosurgery — $746,544.
- Thoracic surgery — $668,350.
- Orthopedic surgery — $605,330.
- Plastic surgery — $539,208.
- Oral and maxillofacial — $538,590.
- Vascular surgery — $534,508.
- Cardiology — $527,231.
- Radiation oncology — $516,016.
Who Is Highest Paid doctor?
Top 19 highest-paying doctor jobs
- Surgeon. …
- Dermatologist. …
- Orthopedist. …
- Urologist. …
- Neurologist. National average salary: $237,309 per year. …
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $259,163 per year. …
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $328,526 per year. …
- Cardiology physician. National average salary: $345,754 per year.
What is the easiest doctor to become?
Least Competitive Medical Specialties
- Family Medicine. Average Step 1 Score: 215.5. …
- Psychiatry. Average Step 1 Score: 222.8. …
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Average Step 1 Score: 224.2. …
- Pediatrics. Average Step 1 Score: 225.4. …
- Pathology. Average Step 1 Score: 225.6. …
- Internal Medicine (Categorical)
What is the lowest paid medical doctor?
The 10 Lowest-Paid Specialties
- Pediatrics $221,000 (down 5%)
- Family Medicine $236,000 (up 1%)
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine $237,000 (up 2%)
- Diabetes & Endocrinology $245,000 (up 4%)
- Infectious Disease $245,000 (steady)
- Internal Medicine $248,000 (down 1%)
- Allergy & Immunology $274,000 (down 9%)
Is the surgeon general a real surgeon?
The U.S. Surgeon General does not have to specifically be a surgeon, but according to U.S. law, they must “have specialized training or significant experience in public health programs” prior to being appointed.