Which surgeon is the happiest?
According to the Medscape report, doctors in the following fields are happiest:
- Rheumatology: 60% of those surveyed reported satisfaction with life away from work.
- General surgery: 60%
- Public health & preventive medicine: 59%
- Allergy & Immunology: 59%
- Orthopedics: 58%
- Urology: 58%
- Ophthalmology: 58%
Which doctor is happiest?
The Happiest Doctors
Rheumatologists — specialists in arthritis, joints, muscles, and bones — topped the list with an average self-reported happiness rating of 4.09. They were followed closely by dermatologists (4.06), urologists (4.04), ophthalmologists (4.03), and emergency medicine doctors (4.01).
What type of surgeon has the best lifestyle?
The four specialties rated highest for lifestyle (1–9, with 9 being highest) were dermatology (8.4), radiology (8.1), ophthalmology (8.0), and anesthesia (7.5). The four specialties rated lowest were orthopedics (4.0), neurosurgery (3.1), general surgery (2.6), and obstetrics-gynecology (2.5).
What is the hardest doctor to become?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
- Radiation Oncology.
What is the most fun type of doctor?
Here is our list of the top 10 happiest doctor specialties according to work-life balance and personality:
- Family Medicine. …
- Diagnostic Radiology. …
- Dermatology. …
- Anesthesiology. …
- Ophthalmology. …
- Pediatrics. …
- Psychiatry. …
- Clinical Immunology/Allergy.
What is the richest type of surgeon?
RELATED: The list of the top 10 highest physician salaries by specialty for 2019
- Neurosurgery — $746,544.
- Thoracic surgery — $668,350.
- Orthopedic surgery — $605,330.
- Plastic surgery — $539,208.
- Oral and maxillofacial — $538,590.
- Vascular surgery — $534,508.
- Cardiology — $527,231.
- Radiation oncology — $516,016.
What is the highest paid surgeon?
Specialists in plastic surgery earned the highest physician salary in 2020 — an average of $526,000. Orthopedics/orthopedic surgery is the next-highest specialty ($511,000 annually), followed by cardiology at $459,000 annually.
What is the easiest doctor to become?
Least Competitive Medical Specialties
- Family Medicine. Average Step 1 Score: 215.5. …
- Psychiatry. Average Step 1 Score: 222.8. …
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Average Step 1 Score: 224.2. …
- Pediatrics. Average Step 1 Score: 225.4. …
- Pathology. Average Step 1 Score: 225.6. …
- Internal Medicine (Categorical)
Which type of doctor is best?
- Cardiologists: $314,000.
- Anesthesiologists: $309,000.
- Urologists: $309,000.
- Gastroenterologists: $303,000.
- Oncologists: $295,000.
- Dermatologists: $283,000.
- Plastic surgeons: $270,000.
- Ophthalmologists: $270,000.
What is the most stressful medical specialty?
For the most stressful medical job, the highest percentages of burnout occurred among these medical specialties:
- Critical care: 48 percent.
- Neurology: 48 percent.
- Family medicine: 47 percent.
- Obstetrics and gynecology: 46 percent.
- Internal medicine: 46 percent.
- Emergency medicine: 45 percent.
Which medical school has the happiest students?
Of the schools I interviewed at, I would say that the students at OHSU were the happiest, followed by Hopkins and Tulane.